|image by epSos.de via Flickr Creative Commons
It can be hard to find good veggie gardening resources, especially if you don’t know very many people who have experience with growing vegetables. I thought I’d share with you my collection of favorite gardening things that has taken me three years to gather. Hopefully this list will save you some time and trouble!
|image by jspatchwork via Flickr Creative Commons
|image by maureen lunn via Flickr Creative Commons
Online seed stores
|image by Carl E Lewis via Flickr Creative Commons
|image by Abby Lanes via Flickr Creative Commons
- Jiffy Self-Watering Greenhouse and Jiffy peat pellets – my favorite seed starting method. DO NOT buy these online; go to Walmart or Home Depot and get them for half the price.
- Miracle-Gro Organic Potting Soil – Don’t get me started on cheap potting soil! My old soil ended up not wetting. At. All. And nearly killing my tomato seedlings. This stuff is great and has been moist in an open bag on my patio for a month.
- Mater Magic – great fertilizer for tomatoes and other veggies such as peppers.
- Soaker hose of any kind with a faucet timer/programmer. Makes watering the garden effortless and consistent.
Ways to share your garden
- Flickr – picture sharing
- Folia – log and track your garden, ask questions, and follow other gardeners (follow my garden here)
And here is what is on my gardening wish list:
What gardening favorites do you have?